11 Facts about SEO that small businesses should be aware of
If you are a small business owner, we appreciate that you are probably going to hate talking about SEO. We hear this a lot! To most business owners it is seen as a confusing digital headache.
Whilst it is a complex beast, it definitely isn’t something that should be ignored because it is not understood. Below are a range of facts that show why you should ensure that you have an SEO strategy in place, even if you outsource it to a trained marketing agency rather than doing it yourself.
- SEO Effectiveness – The effectiveness report rate of SEO is 82% and rising, and 42% of online marketers said that it is still dramatically increasing. (Source: MarketDive, 2016)
- Keywords – Websites that have strong keywords in their business name stand 1.5 more effective than those that have none of the strong keywords in their business name. (Source: Local SEO Guide, 2016)
- Blogs – Recent research shows that republishing old blog posts with updated content and images increases traffic by as much as 111 percent. (Source: Backlinko, 2016). A record of 53% of marketers say that blog creation is their top inbound marketing priority. (com 2017 )
- Google – this search engine takes at least 2 trillion searches per year. (Source: SearchEngineLand, 2016). They handle over 57,000 searches per second on any given day! (Source: Internet Live Stats, 2016). Google also (accounts for) over 69% of all global desktop search traffic, followed by Baidu at 17.06%, Bing at 7.72% and Yahoo at 4.00%. While in global mobile search, Google rakes up 92.86%, Baidu with 5.10%, followed by Yahoo at 0.88% and Bing at 0.70%. These data are gathered by the end of Q1 in 2018. (Source: NetMarketShare, 2018)
- Google – decreased the number of displayed results of a search or organic blue links from 10 to 8.5 on average. (Source: Searchmetrics, 2016)
- Local Search – a rate of 72% of consumers who made a local search within 5 miles visited the location. (Source: WordStream, 2016)
- Smartphones – almost 40% of people who do searches do it on their phones on an average day. (Source: Google, 2016) Google handles over 94% of all mobile/tablet search traffic globally, followed respectively by Yahoo at 3% then Bing at 1%. (Source: NetMarketShare, 2016). Also according to another research 75% percent of internet use is already on mobile in 2017, slightly higher from 2016. This is based on the growing number of consumers who globally access the internet through mobile phones or tablets, as forecasted by media buying Zenith in 2016. (Source: Reuters, 2016)
- Voice Searches – have recently increased to 10% of all search volume according to the report by The Internet Trends released in June, 2016. (Source: Search Engine Land, 2016)
- Content Management System – was reported to be used by 47% of all websites worldwide as their main development platform as of December 2016. WordPress ranks first in all Content Management System (CMS) development platforms being used globally, being at 58.5%.
- Marketing – marketers optimise their blogs for mobile devices in order to improve SEO, B2B consisting 62% and B2C at 51%. (Source: Social Media Examiner, 2016). About 61% of marketers say that improving their SEO and growing their online presence is their top inbound marketing priority, while 11% of marketers plan to add podcasting to their marketing efforts in the next 12 months. (com 2017)
- Video Content – according to a forecast, by 2019 46% of marketers plan to add Facebook video to their content strategy in the next year, while 48% say they plan to add Youtube (com 2017)
How do I know how I am performing SEO wise?
With the ever-changing and continuous evolution of Google’s ranking factors, it is important to have a team behind you that you can trust. Pssst… you can trust us!
We know how much value we can bring to your business and want to show you how. We believe in our services to much that we are offering a completely FREE SEO report for your business so that we can identify how you are performing at the moment with the view to helping you with an SEO strategy that works and will enable you to funnel and convert online users.
If you would like to claim your FREE SEO REPORT simply click here to email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!