Get the perfect new logo with our top tips
When it comes to logo design, many business owners (or aspiring business owners) simply don’t put enough thought into it and hire a low-cost designer without thinking about the importance of brand identity and marketing strategy.
After all, how important can a logo be? It just needs to look good doesn’t it? Wrong. It’s massively important! It actually forms the basis of your whole brand identity. If you realise it’s wrong too far down the line, re-branding can be an absolute nightmare to roll out. Additionally, it can be expensive to redesign materials that contain the old logo.
Why Does it Matter?
In fact, logo design makes all the difference when it comes to whether or not a client approaches you at all. Here at DP Marketing Communications our clients often ask us to redesign cheap logos or even whole brand identities. Sometimes, the logo doesn’t reflect the brand’s ‘tone of voice’, is isn’t vectorised (meaning they are blurry in designed materials), or sometimes, they are just badly designed!
Think about it… a lot of the time we immediately judge a business and what they do based on their logo, their design, or their packaging. So, therefore, brand identity is crucial, and an awesome logo design is a big part of that.
Things to Consider with a New Logo Design
When you’re designing a new logo, a certain level of insight and expertise is required.
Here are some top things to consider:
Be clear about what you want
1. First of all, remember that no one knows your business better than you do. Ensure you give a designer enough information to work with. Similarly, designers don’t double as marketeers, so it’s often helpful to utilise an agency with both; this will help you to come up with an awesome logo that works well from both a design and marketing perspective.
2. Choose someone that understands colour, shape and type psychology. This can have a major impact on how well a logo works with your chosen target audience.
3. Choose a font that offers a great deal of longevity. Like most things, even fonts can go out of fashion. When you choose a logo it will become part of your brand identity, so you’re going to want it to stick around for a while.
Research your customers and competitors
4. All logos should be created with the target audience in mind, as they’re the people you’re marketing your business to. Have an idea of what they’re looking for and what works for them. This is normally considered by your agency before design starts.
5. Do some research and find out what your competition is doing. What type of logo do they have? Have they picked specific colours over others? Does their logo focus on font or a graphic? Use this information to ensure you are making the correct design choices.
6. Make sure that the final logo really reflects your brand, its voice, and the image you want to portray. Different logos will work well within different industries, and it’s important your logo fits in, but stands out enough to be noticed. It’s a delicate balance that a professional will be used to weighing up.
Get it right first time
7. Avoid cheap designers that use stock images or churn out logos using software that will mass produce your logo. A logo should be unique and personal to each brand; copying never works and it could mean that you end up with the same logo as multiple businesses – just with a different name assigned to it
8. Lastly… Try not to over-complicate the logo. Often, simplicity is key!
As you can see, when it comes to having an awesome logo, a lot more goes into it than simply choosing a font and graphic you like. However, with the right amount of research and skill, an awesome logo design can mean big things for a business.
Aren’t Agencies Expensive to Use for Logo Design?
Well, no. DP Marketing Communications offer a logo design service for just £55, and to help you to make the most of your brand, we offer a completely FREE marketing planning session with all of our logo designs.
Once we know your position in the market, your key audience, and your current marketing activity, you’ll receive a marketing strategy tailored to your business. In addition to your overall strategy and recommended tactics, we’ll include a 3-month plan of marketing activity.
As a result, we’ll make sure you know EXACTLY what needs to be done to grow your business through combining your vision with marketing intelligence.
Want to See Our Work?
Of course you do! You can take a look at our work here.
Ok, I Want you to Create my Logo. What do I do?
Simply fill out the form below and we will be in touch to confirm our available slots for your FREE Marketing Planning Session