How to promote your business video on YouTube
Embrace the power of video
We are assuming of course you already have one! If not, either shoot one yourself or get in touch with us www.dpmarketingcommunications.com and we can help you with that – for as little as £25 for an intro video.
Anyway, now you have your beautiful video, all about your lovely business, what do you do with it?
Set up your YouTube channel – customise it and add url’s, choose a good thumbnail image
Upload lovely video to Youtube
Use our top 20 tips for YouTube marketing below!
- Link your YouTube channel in as many places as you can: websites, blogs, magazines.
- Publicize your videos and your channel on the radio, TV, websites, forums, newsletters, other social networking platforms
- Allow embedding so others can distribute for you. Use the embed URL that comes with each video to embed your videos on your website. Send the links to blogs which may want to display your content.
- If your videos are product reviews, include as much of the following information as possible as video tags: UPC, EAN, ISBN, MPN, model number, and brand. Example: For theReadyNAS Duo, add, “UPC: 0606449056822, MPN: RND2150-100NAS, Brand: NetGear” as tags.
- Don’t Be Shy: Speak directly to YT community and ask them to subscribe!
- Use Video Descriptions and Banners to encourage users to Like and Subscribe.
- Enable Comments on Video Pages (you can always delete comments or block users).
- Use Playlists to group your content by theme – this makes it easier for users to find videos on your channel.
- Engage your audience throughshout outs, comments, subscriptions, and by asking questions or soliciting ideas.
- Encourage Contests. Use eye-catching titles.
- Promote your channel with a twitter ,Facebook or goggle + account around the world
- Find potential subscribers – browse on YouTube for similar videos / products. Subscribe to the commenter in those videos (They are the most active users on YouTube). People who you subscribe to will generally look at your video and if it’s what they are interested, will subscribe to you
- Usethe tools available directly through YouTube. For example, provide a detailed and accurate title and description to each of your videos, and associate tags (keywords) that are directly relevant.
- Use a call to action within your videos to encourage people to like, rate, comment on and share your videos.
- Promoteyour videos to the people you know, including your real-life friends, relatives, customers and clients. Ask these people to watch your video(s) and share them with their online friends.
- Take advantage of the power and capabilities of the online social networking sites to promote your videos. As a spokesperson for your company, for example, become active on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter, as well as other relevant services. Be sure to create an online presence for your business on Facebook and/or Google+, and then use that presence to promote your videos.
- Incorporate your videos into your own company’s website and blog.
- Share links to your videos with your existing customers or clients via opt-in email.
- Get your videos (and your YouTube Channel page) listed with the major search engines, including Google, Yahoo! and Bing, and then focus on SEO strategies to get the best possible listing placements.
- Start promoting your YouTube channel within your company’s printedcatalogues, brochures, and sales materials, as well as within its existing traditional advertising.
So that, in our opinion (as a totally awesome full service marketing agency), is our list of the top 20 ways to promote your video on YouTube.